Monday, February 3, 2014

Last email from the MTC

My amazing family. I miss you all so much!
This week has been a good week, but it was tough all the same. I'm so grateful for the district I have. We have had some absolutely incredible experiences together.  Our teachers are incredible and know what they need to do when they need to do it and I am so grateful for that. I'm forever changed because of it. I just am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and for the spirit. Going on a Mission has already been the best thing I've decided to do. It truly changes your life for the better.
I leave the MTC tomorrow! How crazy is that! I'm really nervous, but I feel and know it will be okay. I'm so sad to be leaving my district I wish I could take them all with me. We are all going to the same mission but two of the elders are going to SLC south. We'll miss them for sure.
I guess I'll tell ya a little about my investigators.
I wrote you about the Russian girl. You'll get that letter soon if you haven't. she was our trc and was a harddddd one at that. She was very intimidating to say the least, but the spirit really helped us get her to open up. Our last lesson with her was on Monday. we didn't get too far with her, but we found out she is LDS anyways, married in the temple and isn't even Russian! haha too funny. We were so glad to hear that. 
We are teaching a cute Japanese old man. He is so fun and sweet. we only taught him once but, he invited us to come again today!
Tuesday night we heard from  Gerald Causse he is the first Counselor in the Presiding Bishopric! that was a good devotional and just on Sunday in Relief Society Janice Kapp Perry was our speaker! She was awesome!! and so sweet. She sang a song for us and I loved it and we also sang the primary songs she wrote with her. She also changed 'As Sisters in Zion' to 'The Sisters in Zion' and changed the words so it could apply to sister missionaries. It was awesome. I couldn't sing any of the songs without crying. We had our departing devotional last night. It was sad. I remembered when I first got to the MTC and we had our welcome devotional sitting there with my companion and now we already have to say bye. It was a good devotional though. The MTC President spoke to us and reminded us how we are somebody's missionary. I think that's so cool. I have to say that this is hard, and i know it's only going to get harder, but it's so rewarding. I haven't felt more sustained by my Heavenly Father in my life. He is really taking care of me and strengthening me and my heart. I feel so blessed and humbled to be here and to have had the experiences I've had.
We went to the temple this morning. It was really neat! I loved it, and the sisters were so sweet. The one older lady told me she didn't want me to leave! haha She was so cute and sweet. It was a good experience. 
I'm so blessed to have you as my family and am so grateful for the support I wish I could express how grateful I am. I want you all to know I pray for you constantly throughout the day and pray for angels to be protecting you. I miss you all a whole bunch. It's hard to be away, but I know the time will fly and it will bring us all blessings.
I'm so grateful to be here at the MTC and to be a missionary and representative of my Savior. 
Thank you all so much for supporting me and sending me love. I couldn't do it without any of you.
I love you all more than I can ever express.
Remember whose you are and smile every day. we are so blessed to have the knowledge that we have. stay safe and know angels are surrounding you!
All of my love for eternity,
xoxo
Sister Knight
ps. I saw Kimber and Dani Nadal! It was so good to see them and hug them! They are so sweet and seem to be doing so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment