Monday, February 10, 2014

Two weeks in West Valley City...done!

Talofa family!!
Thank you so much for all the emails and love and support and prayers. I do feel them!
I got my package mom and dad :) I loved it! It made me SO happy getting something in the mail especially from home! I love your letters and the words of encouragement and support. I do need them a lot. And mom the skirt fits wonderfully! All the sisters I live with are very jealous, and the lady I live with was very impressed! :) I love it! Thank you so much. If you have time it would be great in every color! ;)
This week has been a bit better. Some cool news: me and sister M are leading our District...I guess we are doing pretty well. But, I am not letting that go to my head. We have a lot to learn still, especially me...our sister training leader was over for exchanges, and we role played with her and she is exactly who I wanna be in a few months. She has the spirit and does awesome talking about the gospel!
We've been teaching a lot. The past couple days we have been on the go go go and have taught a lot of lessons. Some have been difficult...well mainly one. For the most part the people we are teaching are inactive. They are all very kind! But, on Saturday night we taught an inactive and his gf and they have two little boys. He just kinda told us he hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon because he doesn't believe it's true and feels like it's all made up mainly because he hasn't gotten an answer about it yet. That was the first time I've gotten something like that so that was kind of hard for me to help him, but I tried my best. We challenged him to keep reading the Book of Mormon and to truly pray with a sincere heart and promised him he would get an answer.
The other day we were teaching another inactive sister. She's 19 and so sweet! Her dad comes to church, but she doesn't often. They lost her records so she will probably have to get re baptized. We taught her about the commandments and the main part we wanted to focus on was prayer. So, we did that and talked about it and showed a Mormon Message and she told us that everything we said to her was an answer to her prayers and just what she needed, so that was way cool! It makes me feel like I really am getting it, kind of.
It's been hard. Sometimes I just don't know what to say. I'm still trying to adjust to clearing my mind and letting the spirit guide me. I think I'm getting there.
Sister M sweetly reminds me to read the Book of Mormon again, because I'm really not as smart as she is when it comes to the Book of Mormon..oops. hah.
Tuesday we took a very sweet family to Temple Square! They are recently reactivated and their son just got baptized and now they are working on getting to the temple to be sealed...When they do Sister M and I will be able to be there :) They have three boys and one girl: beautiful, beautiful kids! They are a family from the Martial Islands! It was a good experience. We watched the video about the Plan of Salvation that they have in the DC visitors' center, and it made me cry. It made me miss my family! But, I was able to bear my testimony to them, so that was good! We taught with the sister missionaries on Temple Square! One sister was one of my MTC teacher's sisters! haha That was cool! So, we are hoping that they will get to the temple soon~ we sat with them at church on Sunday!
This weekend was Stake Conference. It was really great! It was all on hastening the work! Our Stake President is a sweet emotional older man! We have 48 missionaries in our stake out right now. He read some of their testimonies since they've been on their mission. I'm loving the people more and more here. The members are really great. Stake Conference really pushed members to get into the work!! Members are a huge strength, and I can testify to that!! The Samoan people are wonderful, so sweet and hilarious! The ladies always pull me into them and give me enormous hugs and kisses on the cheek!! They are very loving. It's hard when I don't understand, but I do love the people!! We taught a lesson all in Samoan the other night -.- that stunk. haha But, I said the closing prayer. We are thinking of going on splits now since Sister M thinks I'm ready for that, so we will see! There is a missionary devotional this Sunday! Our whole mission is going to be there, and everyone here is invited: members, non member, and inactives, so it should be really great! I'm excited and can't wait to see the people from my MTC district! haha. and it should be very spiritual! I still love being a missionary for my Heavenly Father. In fact I think that love is just growing. It's a blessing to be in the Army of Helaman and to bring people closer to Christ!
This Friday (Valentines Day) I am going on splits and going to the Hunter area with one of my sister training leaders-sister lala (that's a nickname can't remember her whole name hah) She is from New Zealand! So hopefully that will go well! It goes from 4 PM Friday to 4Pm Saturday!
We have an elderly missionary couple in every stake in our mission and ours is the sweetest! They are Elder and Sister N! I love them! They are just like our grandparents. They take good care of us and always tell us how much they love us!! Very grateful for them and for the wonderful people I am meeting here. We had dinner with the 6th Ward this past week and they were nothing but incredible strong members. I was very blown away by some of them! They are sweet, strong, humble people!!
I went to Golden Corral after District Meeting on Friday. It made me think of you daddy. haha It was so good! I ate way too much though! lol
One thing that's been hard for me here is worrying about you guys. I know I shouldn't, but I do! It's just me! I've been praying hard for you since I've been here and expressing my concerns and worries, and the other night I turned to Doctrine and Covenants 100:1 It's an awesome verse that helped me a lot! Go read it.
Sammy, I found a little turtle in my scriptures that you drew me forever ago. It was so cute! I love it!
Pdays are actually rather stressful with too much to do in one day. That was my week basically.
Stake conference talked so much about hastening the work as I said. I just wanna challenge each of you to make missionary work a part of your every day life!! Pres. K challenged us to take 1% of our time each day to do service for others: just a phone call or something. We were also challenged to be in the scriptures every single day and to make sacrifices to do so! It will bless your live tremendously, and you will see huge changes!
Well family, I can't think of anything else I was gonna say haha. I hate that. But I love you all so much and pray for your protection and guidance always! You are in my thoughts and my heart. I miss you all every single day and hope every one is doing great! Know I am in the Lord's hands and doing his work! He is taking care of me and there is nothing more exhausting than missionary work! It is the greatest calling on the earth and I am humbled and blessed to be a part of it!
I love you all forever and hope to hear from you soon.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Sister Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment