Monday, February 17, 2014

Settling in after being out for a whole month

Hello my wonderful family!!
My emails a little delayed because we went to Temple Square this morning just for fun with our Senior couple so that was nice! I say 'it's all good in the hood' all the time here because its a tiny bit ghetto. haha!
I am doing well. It was a good and very fast week.
This Saturday we have my very first baptism!! Two precious kids are getting baptized. One is 10 and the other is 12! They have inactive parents but live with a member and they are so sweet and I just adore and love them so so much! I am so excited to see them get baptized. They are so on fire with the gospel, and it is so impressive. I pray with my entire heart that they will be able to withstand this world and remain faithful and active in the Church. I love them! I have so much fun teaching them, and it's so fun to see their sweet spirits grow. The little boy told us he really wanted to be the prophet and to follow Jesus! it was adorable!
This week I went on splits, and it went well. Sister N, who is our senior couple came with me! We talked about following the Prophet and it went well. Sister N told me I did great! Friday I went on exchanges with sister T! She is sweet. She is from Fuji! She has an awesome accent and was fun to be with. She is who I want to be on my mission! haha She is so good with the gospel and I learned a lot from her especially how to be bold in a very loving way!! So that was good. But, she snored so that sucked. haha! I was very happy to be back home (my mission home that is).
Saturday we had a choir rehearsal because Sunday we had a big mission devotional. It was soooo fun because my whole district was there. (minus the two elders who went to the SLC South Mission--boo we miss them!!) But, oh man, it made my heart so happy to see them again and be able to chat about our missions and our areas!! It was great! I love them and am so grateful I was able to meet them and be in their district at the MTC! :) Sister S is sitting next to me now, so that's awesome! I love seeing her!The missionary devotional is this cool devotional that takes place here. All the missionaries in our whole mission go, and we (the missionaries who want to) sing some songs, and then, they play Mormon Messages about the Atonement, and recent converts or people who were recently reactivated bear their testimonies! It's for all of us missionaries and everybody in our whole mission who live in Magna and West Valley (because yes those are the only two cities in our mission haha), but it was great. The spirit was so strong, and I loved it so much. Our last song we sang was "I believe in Christ" and man, it was powerful. It's really powerful being a missionary and singing in a choir full of missionaries, especially missionaries you have grown with and who you love so much! Then President Swain spoke a little. He sat by me and it was nerve racking! ha ha! I wish you all could have been there. I thought about you a lot, as I do every day, and I am very grateful for each of you! This mission is really the best thing. It is so hard! I'm not even gonna lie, and some days I have no idea what on earth I was thinking, but those thoughts quickly leave when I see my name tag or feel it and when I see people get the gospel and grow and understand the wonderful blessings we can get from it. I love this gospel, and I want you each to know that. It is honestly the best thing ever. It is something that brings healing, peace, joy, happiness, and it brings families together forever. Everything that seems unfair about this life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am so humbled to be his missionary and to be a tool in his hand helping hasten this work and bring His lost sheep back to him. What a humbling experience and I am so privileged and so lucky to be here. I think of that often.
So I have found that nothing is harder than when you see people GET the gospel but they won't keep the commitments you make with them. :( waaaah. that has been a hard part of this. We teach two people and man they get it. They are so good with the gospel, and I can see that desire, but it's not enough. The one is worried about going back to church because she is worried about getting judged, and man, it's so hard! She is so sweet! I love her and just want her there, and she was supposed to come to at least Sacrament this Sunday, but her dad said she slept instead. Man, it kills my heart. And I don't care about the numbers. That stuff means nothing! I care about helping these people come back to Christ and their Heavenly Father who is waiting and wants them back ever so much. I just want them to have that peace and joy the gospel brings!! It's so hard sometimes. Then we have another man who just can't get his priorities right. He had a baptism date set, but this is the third time. We've had to move it back because he won't come to church (work is interfering a lot). He's had a hard time with smoking, too, but he is slowing getting through that, and I challenged him this week to go a week without smoking, and he said he would and really thought he could do it! We have such good discussions with him, but the other day he told us he doesn't care what church he gets baptized into as long as he gets baptized. So, we have to go over the restoration with him again (the Elders taught him that--shakin' my head hahaha! just kidding, our elders are great!) But ya, that has been hard. Those two are killing my heart! They are SO close, and I just need to figure out a way for them to feel the spirit more or something, so they can understand the importance of it and know it's what they need to do, not just think it. But, me and Sister M are working on that!
Sister M is great! We have a ton of fun together. She cracks me up haha! But ya, all is well, and I'm so grateful to be a part of the army of Helaman. This gospel is true! It is 100% true, and I testify of that. I have felt it more and more as I've been a missionary. There is no doubt. God loves us, and we are his children, and he has a perfect plan of happiness. We just have to accept that. I'm so grateful for each of you and pray for you every day, and I pray that angels will constantly be surrounding you, taking care of you, directing you, leading you, and keeping you safe and healthy and strong. There are no words to express my love for each of you and how grateful I am that families are forever!
Thanks for letting people know my address :) Can you post it on my Facebook wall?
I need to buy a bike here soon as the weather has been in the 50's! It's been INSANELY nice haha. I feel for you who have to deal with the snow. I ask Siri on my ipad the weather for PA a lot and every time she says "It's not looking good for Harrisburg PA" hahaha! So sad!! Keep safe and warm!
Know of my love for you always. I can't express that enough. I am so blessed to be a part of this family and to have the knowledge we have. Please never take this gospel for granted, and do all you can to hold to the rod, and get back, if you have let go! I love you all eternally forever and I miss you every single day.
Be safe, happy and strong!!
All of my love forever,
Sister Sarah Knight <3 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment