Monday, March 3, 2014

Surviving sickness and falling more in love with the people

Family!                                                                                      3 March 2014

Another week has gone by. It was a harder week but a good one, too. As you all probably saw, I got sick. It was dreadful. I was getting dizzy for a while and then on Tuesday, I just got the worst migraine of my life and thought I was going to die. I felt so sick and yucky. Elder N came with two of the elders in my district and gave me a blessing. It was a really sweet blessing. I was emotional and crying (ha) typical. As you all know, I just hate being sick being away from home. And I kept saying I missed my Daddy (feel special Daddy) :) One of the Elders told me not to fear, and it was okay, because I had Heavenly Father. And it's true. It made me feel better, and I'm grateful for my Savior. Anyways, then I went home and tried to sleep, but couldn't because I felt so sick and I mised home, it was the first time I really wanted to just leave and go home. I just cried. Quite pathetic, but it's fine. Sister N came and took care of me while Sister M continued on with our lessons. I went out and talked to her about everything. I love her and am grateful for her. She's like a Grandma to me! And the next day I went to the Drs. I was feeling a bit better but not all the way. The Dr. told me he thinks I had a sinus infection and perscribed me with some meds. I take 3 a day for 10 days so soon I will be done taking those. They have been helping, that is for sure. So, thank goodness for that. They took some blood WAAAH We all know how much I love having my blood taken, -.- but for once in my life, I didn't get dizzy or anything :) The results came back normal, so I think I'm okay. And I'm feeling better. I HATED being stuck inside, and it made me realize how much I love being a missionary and love this work. I missed contacting people, and I missed the people we were teaching. It's just not right being stuck in your home when you are a missionary. Oh, and I met Elder Nelson's wife at the Drs! haha. She is SO sweet :) It was pretty neat! Too bad he wasn't with her. haha. Pros to being a missionary in Utah holla!! Don't be concerned. I'm okay! :)
So, this weekend we had two baptisms! One was an inactive. She lived in Hawaii, and they lost her records. We taught her all the lessons and have grown to love her tremondously, and she was baptized on Saturady! :) Sadly, she is leaving and moving back to Hawaii on Thursday. Me and Sister M are very sad about that. We wanted to go to the temple with her. But, all is well in Zion. The other baptism was Sister L's son! :) She is the one who is always with us. She's like our third companion! haha I LOVE her and her family. She has two autistic boys. One was baptized not too long ago. They really wanted to have them all be able to go to the temple and E (her son) wanted to be able to pass the sacrament, so we held a baptism for him. It was the best and most spiritual baptism I have ever been to. It was such a sweet experience to see someone so perfect be baptized as Christ was! I love the L family. They are the best!! Sister and Brother L were very emotional. It was so sweet. They have a huge family, so there were a ton of Samoans...with lots of good food! On Saturday we helped Sister L make all the cakes for the baptisms! haha She makes wedding cakes! It was SO fun and SO good...lol...delicious cakes. Naturally, I made the chocolate one ;) haha.
Oh, speaking of food, I have been getting fed so well. The members are taking good care of us here!
The work is going so well. Sister M and I had 14 lessons with members with this week! That is awesome. Our goal, as a mission, is 15 a week!
In the 3rd and 6th ward, there is only about 90 some people that come...it's sad. We are trying hard, but a lot of people seem to be struggling to get to church. It stinks. In the Samoan ward, there was 440 people! HOLY COW! It was insane and VERY hot in the Sacrament room lol!! Can I just say how absolutely aweome it is singing with the Polynesian people. They sing SO loud and with so much energy and WOW! haha Their language is so fun to sing in! It's really neat! I am blessed to know such wonderful people!
Next Tuesday is transfers already! Wow! Time is going fast! I am hoping I stay and that we all stay. We will see soon what happens! Sister M and I also got tickets to the Women's conference and to the Sunday afternoon session of General COnference :D SO excited for that! Oh, I also got to order a Samoan nametag, since I cover a Samoan ward! I think that is pretty cool :)
Daddy your birthday is tomorrow I'm gonna send you an email with some pictures for ya AND you can open your package. I wanted to hear your reaction! lol!! I guess I will have to wait till next week. :) I hope you love it though!! I miss you! I hope your day is the best. Know I will be thinking of you and sending you love from Utah! :)
Tonight we have a dinner appointment at 6 with an AWESOME family! I love them. Then we have two lessons! Both on the Plan of Salvation. Hopefully they go well!
We have been working like crazy-tons of lessons and lots of contacting. It's fine! We love it! I can't even say how much I love my Savior and I am loving being his representative. This work is so incredibly hard. I wonder how I'm gonna do it sometimes, but I know the Lord will help me always!! He is my rock and my light!!
We have a baptism at the end of the month! That golden family I told you about last week is doing so great :) I love them! I love every one we are working with! :) It's so awesome how much you grow to love the people you teach and the members! There is nothing better than this work. I know it is preparing me to be a better person! The Lord is truly my rock, and he sustains me every single day in this work. He gives me energy. He weeps with me, and He rejoices with me! He is my light. This gospel is true, and oh, how I love it!!! I want the world to know. Do missionary work this week. It is SO important. The Lord is hastening his work!!!
The gospel is so true, and the Lord loves us all! I have been amazed at how much I am learning and understanding about doctrine and principles! It's been so cool. I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am.
I miss you family so much! I pray for you every day that angels will be surrounding you, guiding you, and blessing you with health and safety and strength.
Push onward always, and be strong. Stay healthy and safe!!
I love you all oh so much and for eternity!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox Thank you so much for all you do. I couldn't do it without your love and support
All of my love,
Sister Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment