Monday, March 10, 2014

First Transfer

    Talofa familia! (Spanish and Samoan in one sentence! lol)                                        10 March 2014

    Another week has passed, and I am half way done my training! Kind of crazy. I hear after you finish your 12 weeks of training, it flies! I am doing okay this week. I am good just feeling a tiny bit homesick maybe because my companion is being transferred tomorrow (wah) and Sister M, a sister who lived with us and was in my zone in the MTC, is leaving too. Transfers stink, and I can tell I am going to hate them every time. As we all know change is hard for me. But I am hanging in there. I am staying here in the Granger West Stake over the 3rd, 6th, and 11th Ward! I am very happy about that. It's incredible how much I have grown to love these people in my area. I will be heartbroken when I leave here. I love it. My new companion will be Sister T. Sister M trained her before she got me, so in mission world sister T is my "sister" haha, so that's kind of funny. She is from American Samoa, so she speaks fluent samoan as well! I hear all good things about her, so I'm sure it'll be fine.
    The work is moving forward this week, that is for sure. We have two 9 year old girls set for baptism and 2 set reactivations and we are planning on setting another date for a reactivation at Temple Square on Saturday! I love to see people grow here. It's so cool. I feel like I am growing with them! Tuesday we went to Temple Square with our recent convert and had a very spiritual lesson! It was amazing. Loved it! She moved to Hawaii yesterday, so we are sad and miss her.
We did lots of service this week. We helped a lady in the 6th ward clean, and then she took us to lunch. I love her! She's so sweet and loves me! haha When she hugs me on Sundays, she always tells me she's gonna take me home with her. Too funny!
And we helped Sister L make more cake! Oh man! So, we were in a lesson on Thursday night and Sister L was with us and a lady called her and asked where her cake was for her wedding. It turns out Sister L thought the wedding was Friday and it was really on Thursday, so we rushed over to her house and iced the cake as fast as we could! It was crazy and poor Sister L was crying and thought she was gonna have a heart attack! It was so sad then, but we laugh about it now! She said she is retiring from the wedding cake business! She said, "I'll make my daughter's wedding cake, but if she gets married outside of the temple she gets a cupcake!" haha Too funny. It made us laugh! We love Sister L!
    One of the other 19 years olds we have been working with won't come to church. It has been a struggle, but she finally came on Wed. and talked to the Bishop! So that was a huge step and such a tender mercy--even though she keeps canceling our appointments! The struggle is real with her.
Oh my lanta, the cutest thing happened! So, we have 7 adorable sweet little African boys who have been coming to church with one of the member families. THEY ARE SO CUTE!! haha I love them! But anyways, the one little boy was sitting by me. He is probably only like 4, and he kept scooting closer and closer, and then he put his little arm around me! haha But he had to stretch. It was so cute! They are so sweet, and I'm so excited to teach them. We start lessons with them on Wed!
    On Friday we went to the house of the two kids we just baptized on the 22, and they were gone. The whole house is empty and says "For Rent", and I just wanted to bawl. So we have been trying to find out where they moved to. I love those kids! I miss them, so wish us luck on that one. Poor Sister M won't even get to say bye probably! :( That stinks like crazy.
    Our Samoan Ward is huge! The boundaries for it are out of our Mission, so we always need rides to go visit people. On Saturday there was a Samoan getting married, so naturally every single Samoan is related, (hahaha) so EVERYONE from our ward was at this wedding and we had no ride. I swear we walked like 10 miles to get to an appointment. It was so far and exhausting! Sister M thought I was gonna pass out, so she made me go get food at a gas station and this sweet lady paid for us! That was a tender mercy and so nice!
    We had a zone meeting on Friday. It was really good. I'll send some pics.
    Last Monday night we had a really good lesson with an inactive family. The grandma is active, but her daughter and granddaughter are not. We have been teaching the granddaughter and she is 8. Her mom sits in and we can tell the little girl is getting it, and we think it's really gonna help the mom come back to Church! So fingers crossed.
We have had a lot of great success on our mormon.org chats, so that has been cool.
    I think that is about it. All is well. I will need some extra prayers this week as we all transition! Thanks so much for all of your love and support. Know I miss you all and am grateful for you. I hope all is going well be safe and take care of yourselves always. I miss you more than I can say.
    xoxoxo
    Sister Knight
    PS The one pic is of me on the sky walk when we walked those 10 dreadful miles. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment