Monday, March 3, 2014

A busy week for Sister Knight

Hi Family :)                                                                                                        24 February 2014

I am doing well. It has been a good week. I am a little sick with a yucky cold and that has been no fun. Waah. But, I'm managing. We have been so stinking busy-so much to do. It's been a good thing though, I am just insanely exhausted ALL the time, so that has been difficult.
We met a golden family this week. It was a referral from our bishopric in the 6th ward. Man, that bishopric is ON FIRE with the work...for which I am SO grateful! They are wonderful men and we are blessed to be in their ward! This family has 8 people living in a two bedroom apartment, and we were counseled to not ever walk there at night as they are in a dangerous area. But, they are absolutely incredible people. They are an inactive family with a daughter who is 9 and not baptized. They are ready to come back to Church and the 9 year old girl is really wanting to be baptized. Her family is awesome and are so supportive. They have a ton of tattoos and piercings but are the kindest people with such love for our Savior. The Mom prayed in our first lesson. She said the opening prayer and it was her first time praying in 7 years out loud. It was a neat experience. She also kind of bore her testimony to her daughter after we invited her to be baptized (she said yes, of course, and will be baptized on March 30 :) or close to that date) But, her Mom cried and it was a really sweet experience. I love this family and am so excited to be a part of their lives and help them in their journey back to Church and to the Savior! Hoping to get them prepared for the temple! How sweet would that be? I am humbled to be a part of this work! The 9 year old came to our baptism on Saturday. It was such a good baptism!! Our sweet kids are so cute and we got to help the little girl get changed and after she was done she wanted us to be right outside of the font so she could come up to us and we could get her all wrapped in a towel and help her in the back. We love them and are so proud. It was a special experience. I gave the talk on the baptism, and it was just sweet. They got confirmed on Sunday, too! We have an appointment with them tonight! I'm excited. I pray that they will be able to stay strong and true in this gospel!! We have another baptism this Saturday for a 19 year old girl. Her records got lost and she went inactive so she needs to get rebaptized...I've never heard of this happening, but apparently it happens a lot. So, we have been teaching her all the lessons, and she is awesome. We have grown to love her a lot as well! She's a cool Samoan girl. haha I love her!! She is preparing for her mission, too, After she is baptized, me and sister M will be able to go to the temple and do baptisms with her and when she goes for her endowments too :)
We set a reactivation date for another 19 year old Samoan girl. She has been inactive since she was about 12 and wants to come back but is really struggling getting to church. We challenged her to be reactivated on March 30, and she agreed and really wants to, so that is going to be our goal!! Fingers crossed as we have grown to love her so much as well. One thing she asked us is if it is ever too late and if you can ever do anything to make the Savior stop loving us, and man, that hit me, and I just bore my testimony to her about the Savior's love for us as I felt that He REALLY needed her to know that He was there and loved her no matter what her past mistakes were. She is still struggling with many things, but we are working with her, and she is wonderful! Prayers for her would be nice!
I have to say I have fallen in love with the people here especially the children. One of my favorite things is when the kids come running up to me and Sister M and they are yelling sisters, sisters! They all give us hugs. It is the sweetest thing. I love it! Such sweet moments.
We had a very busy Sunday yesterday. We had church 9AM-4PM, and we had Ward Council in all three Wards, as well. Talk about an exhausting day!! But, the Wards are great. Sister L is from the Samoan Ward. We call her our third companion, because she goes everywhere with us, and if we don't see her one day, we miss her! haha. She is HILARIOUS! haha I love her. She is in her 40's, I think, and has 3 kids: 2 autistic boys and one girl. I love them all! Her husband was in the band "the Jets". He was the drummer, so that's pretty cool! haha. We love her, and man, we are so grateful for her! She is a wonderful example, and she served her mission in Ogden, Utah! haha Too cool.
We had a 3 week follow up on Wed., and it was much needed. Me and my zone from the MTC were there with President and Sister S, and we just talked all about our struggles and what was going on. We have been blessed with wonderful mission parents out here. They really do love us and are inspired from the Lord, and for that, I am grateful. It makes it easy for me to follow all the mission rules I don't quite understand. They are wonderful, and I love them very much. They gave us wonderful counsel, and it was sweet to be with my zone from the MTC again and to see how we have grown and to know that we are all struggling in different areas and that we are all in this together. Our trainers came back with us and President Swain asked each of them to stand up and say a nice thing about us 'new bees'. Sister M, who is a tough Samoan who never cries, cried as she talked about me. It was really touching. I love, love her! We are both human and were raised in different ways, but it's all good. I don't let little things bother me. We have fun and love each other!
The Samoans are the coolest people! Man, I love them. I am still struggling with the language but I am trying hard. They are amazing people, full of love...some very blunt though! lol! But, I feel very lucky to be teaching such wonderful people and not just the Samoans! Yesterday we had 2 dinners HUGE Samoan dinners. I thought I was going to die!! But, I am so grateful!!
Anyways, I think that's kind of been my week. The work is hard but great. I love it very much. And I haven't been this close to my Savior in my life. I'm grateful for him and for his sustaining hand in my life. This is the true Church. The gospel is true. Our Savior does love us and will always love us regardless of anything we've done. He just wants us back so bad! It's so important to do all we can to have his spirit with us!
I love you all very, very much and pray for you always!!!
Thank you so much for your love and support I really could not do it without you. Please always be safe and happy. Take care of yourselves. You are the best family in the world. <3
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Sister Knight

No comments:

Post a Comment